Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Arth DVD--HELP!!!!

So this post was originally supposed to be my review of the 1982 Shabana Azmi and Smita Patil starrer. I've been obsessed with these two women since I started reading about Indian cinema on the internet and in books, although I've yet to see a film with either of them in it. I'd been searching for Arth for about a year now, as I've heard countless praise about the story and the riveting performances.

Imagine my disappointment when, after finally purchasing my own copy from India Weekly, I popped in Arth after a long day at school, and...the DVD won't play! I've tried every DVD player in the entire house...even the top of the line one in the living room that will play just about anything...and I can't get past the opening credits! When I looked at the back of the DVD I didn't see any scratches, but some weird discoloration that looks like a result of a manufacturing error.

I sent an email to India Weekly asking for an exchange of the DVD...but they won't do that. Instead, they offered me a refund if I ship Arth back to them within 15 days (They say this is because when one DVD won't play, the entire batch usually won't play in my brand of DVD player). But I don't want my money back!!! I just want this film!!!

Please help a sister out! I really, really want to see this! Should I ship this back to India Weekly and repurchase from them all over again? Does anybody know of a reliable service that I can find this movie on? I suppose I could check Amazon, but since they go through third parties anyways, I figured I could eliminate the middle man and find something else online. Any recommendations or comments would be appreciated! Thank you sooo much!:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment