Monday, April 19, 2010

Grey marl - the new black?

grey marlBy Zoe Elia Cropped Jersey Biker Jacket - My Wardrobe

grey marl draped vivienne westwood dress

Vivienne Westwood Grey Fortune Dress - My Wardrobe

grey marl cut out dress
Best Behaviour Cut Out Jersey Top - Urban Outfitters

karen walker ruffled grey marl Karen Walker Ruffle Cross Over Dress - Urban Outfitters



Grey marl / checked blazer - H! by Henry Holland, Debenhams


Every where I look recently I am confronted with jersey grey marl pieces. I realise that I am probably being slightly boring by announcing that we have yet another 'new black' but with it looking to be such a huge trend for the summer dare I say I think it could be.

Grey marl is something that I have great affections for, perhaps due to its association with my teenage years. In fact I only recently threw away a pair of grey marl trackie trousers that served me throughout my teens and twenties. I love the comfy relaxed look of it, the slightly textured appearance and its neutrality. This season, I am loving even more for it is being mixed up with patterns like florals and checks as well khaki, neutrals, ruffles and tailored pieces (all other favourites of mine).

After spending the winter swathed in thick black clothes, by the spring and summer I am completely ready for an alternative that is lighter and fresher. Grey marl is just that, admittedly it will never be as versatile or slimming as black but it is much less draining on the complexion and adds instant laid back chic to almost any outfit.

1 comments:

Mark said...

I like all the collection
thanks for sharing it
here is a new collection of Fly London Shoes check it out

Post a Comment