Friday, April 23, 2010

Alternative Fashion Week

alternative fashion week
alterative fashion week
On Thursday, I was in London for a business meeting so decided to pop in to Alternative Fashion Week at Spitalfields Market. I didn't manage to get a great view of the fashion shows. As you can see from the photos, I was stood behind lots of tall people and it all seemed a bit distant.
Unfortunately time was quite short as I had to catch a train but I did manage to have a quick whizz around the fashion market and take a few photos. There was so much there that I just didn't have time to get more information on including some great designs from recycled materials.retro jewellery
I couldn't walk by without noticing these amazing retro style accessories by Creme Noveau featuring some of my favourite biscuits - yummy. Very clever and fun!

retro biscuit jewellery
designer high street I loved this knitwear by Elisabeth Hamlyn. The intertwined outer layer of knotwear is made from one continuous piece of knit. Elisabeth has sold her designs to Yves St Laurent and Calvin Klein and visit to her website revealed an amazing collection for SS10 which includes some great holiday pieces including shorts, halter neck tops and mini dresses inspired by origami. There are both figure hugging and draped styles in a fresh and bright colour scheme with some flashes of neon for a sporty feel.

0 comments:

Post a Comment