Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A Beach Safari and the Best of British Eco Fashion Blogs


As I seem to have spent such a lot of time working lately, yesterday, I decided to take a much needed break and take the children to the beach at Weston Super Mare for the day. I love Weston Super Mare and had a great time making sandcastles and watching children taking donkey rides. Unfortunately I forgot to take my camera but hopefully I will go back again soon and can take lots of lovely pics.

As the weather is at that sort of in betweeny stage (not sure if it is winter or spring) I couldn't make up my mind what to wear. Not quite warm enough for t shirt and shorts but out of the wind and with the sun out, it did get quite warm. The answer - one of my trusty cardigans (from George at Asda). I decided to go for a safari theme with a mixture of animal skin pattern and the lovely Antelope T shirt recently sent to me by Your Eyes Lie. The tribal style necklace was a present from my mum a while back.

I was really pleased today to recieve an email from Eco Fashionista, informing me that Style Eyes had been featured in the best of British Eco Fashion Blogs post for their special features in the run up to Earth Day.It is great to get some recognition for my constant struggle (OK perhaps it's not that difficult) to wear sustainable clothing, recycle and refrain from buying clothes that I do not need and whilst also trying to promote sustainable clothing to others. The other blogs featured were Eco Princess and Eco Goddess Fashion. I would definitely recommend a visit to them, for great ideas on how to be both sustainable and stylish.

0 comments:

Post a Comment