Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Secondhand Sunday Best for Easter

Dinner at the inlaws on Easter Sunday called for a Sunday Best sort of outfit. Although the weather wasn't exactly summery I couldn't resist wearing this dress that has been sitting in the cupboard for a little while. It is Fahri by Nicole Fahri and I bought it with the tags still on for just £12 at a little secondhand shop I regularly pop into. I would never usually combine a such a light summery dress with black tights but thought I would give it a try (partly due to the necessity for warm legs and no other suitable colours of tights in my draw). I also added this black leather and suede obi belt which was handmade by the lovely Emma of Style to Wear. Actually I quite liked the combination of black and orange as it makes the dress slightly less summery for a coldish day. The locket was a present from my sister.

The first picture was taken as I spinned around in an attempt to show the fullness of the skirt and test out the sport mode on my camera. I am not sure how successful this was but you can kind of get the idea.

Nicole fahri orange floral print dress
second hand dress


I didn't have any Easter egg this year apart from a few tiny morsels donated by the children. I did however get just a tiny bit of time to myself to indulge myself by with some Green and Blacks almond chocolate and by reading my newly delivered Vogue and Elle magazines. I was also very kindly sent a delicious and very stylish biscuit by Tesco's in the shape of their new 'iconic' Pagoda dress, to celebrate the launch of their new couture collection.

0 comments:

Post a Comment